The most beautiful view of Dubrovnik and surrounding islands can be enjoyed from Mount Srdj above the town. The top of the hill can be reached via the newly-restored Cable car.
The Dubrovnik Cable car first began carrying passengers back in 1969, but it was completely destroyed during the Croatian War of Independence. In the summer of 2010, it was restored and once again transports visitors in great numbers to the top of Mount Srdj.
CABLE CAR ROUND TRIP TICKET PRICE
|ADULTS (age 12+)||22,5€|
|CHILDREN (age 4-11):||11,5€|
|INFANTS (age 0-3):||FREE|
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY TICKETS ONLINE?
AVOID THE CROWDS AND SKIP THE LINE TO BUY TICKETS
ALL PAYMENT METHODS AVAILABLE
The embarkation point for the Cable car is located above the Old Town, in the Ploče area. It can be reached by a five-minute walk from the Old Town, or by taking a number 8 bus from Gruž harbor – which will drop you off at exactly the right spot. In just three minutes you will find yourself at a height of 405 m above sea level. Here you can enjoy a panoramic view of Dubrovnik Old Town and the Adriatic sea and take some memorable photographs for your collection.
While on Srdj you can also visit the Imperial Fortress which houses the Museum of the Croatian War of Independence, currently exhibiting a display called ‘Dubrovnik in the War of Independence 1991-1995’.
You can also take some refreshments in the coffee bar, with its view of Dubrovnik, or buy an interesting memento in the souvenir shop. There is also a restaurant where you can have lunch or dinner with the most amazing views over Dubrovnik and Elaphite islands. For those who are looking for adventure tour in Dubrovnik, Buggy Safari is the ultimate fun activity.
CABLE CAR DUBROVNIK WORKING HOURS
|January||9AM – 4PM|
|February||9AM – 5PM|
|March||9AM – 5PM|
|April||9AM – 8PM|
|May||9AM – 9PM|
|June||9AM – 0AM|
|July||9AM – 0AM|
|August||9AM – 0AM|
|September||9AM – 10PM|
|October||9AM – 8PM|
|November||9AM – 5PM|
|December||9AM – 4PM|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- At What time does Cable Car close? Cable car closes depending on the month of the year. In January and December it closes at 4PM, in February, March and November at 5PM, in April and October at 8PM, in May at 9PM, in September at 10PM and in June, July and August at midnight.
- What is the price of Cable Car tickets? For adults(age 12+) 22,5€ , for children(age 4-11) 11,5€ and for infants (age 0-3) it is free of charge.
- Do you have to pre-book the cable car tickets or buy them before the ride? You can buy the tickets at the station, however it is much more convenient to buy tickets online in advance and save time, plus you have more payment options if you buy online via GetYourGuide.
- Is Cable Car included as a free service in Dubrovnik Card? No it is not included as part of Dubrovnik Card, you have to buy tickets separately.
- Is it possible to leave luggage at cable car station? No it is not possible to leave your luggage but you can do so in a shop just across the street from lower cable car station.
- Is it possible to buy round trip ticket and use it on separate days? No, you will have to buy to one-way tickets. Round-trip ticket you must use in the same day.
- When is the last departure time? The last departure from the lower station is 30min before closing time.
- Does cable car have fixed departures every x minutes? No, the cable car runs as soon as there is enough passengers.
- How many people can fit in one cable car cabin? One cable car cabin can hold up to 32 passengers.
- Does cable car operate if the weather conditions are bad? If the speed of the wind exceeds the safety threshold on any part of the cable car route, the cable car will stop until the wind speed reduces. In the case of possible lightning, the cable car will temporarily cease operations.
Ready to buy Dubrovnik Cable Car tickets online? The best price is at the link below: